Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chicken to Chin Ups

Hello everyone. A little about me ... my name is Kate (Katie, Katherine, Kat, mom, wife, daughter, sister, etc.)

I'm 32 years young. Some days I feel 18 others I feel 90, but I guess that's a part of life. 

Some of my favorite things: running, cooking, obstacle races, working out, mountain biking, camping, fishing, being outside, hanging out with my daughter/husband/friends. (And many other things) but since I work the Baylor program (longggggg weekend and 1 weekday) I don't get a lot of time to do some of the things I love. 

I'm pretty passionate about health, wellness, nutrition, fitness, spirituality and all the fun things between. I thought it'd be best to blog it, live it, share it, and hope it all hashes out in the end. 

I've been a nurse for 7 years and each day it gets a little more interesting.  4 1/2 yrs spent in the hospital acute care setting doing orthopedic, bariatric, medical surgical nursing. 2 1/2 yrs in a residential treatment facility for kids aged 8-21 with mild MR and psychiatric disabilities. 

I hope you all will enjoy this blog as much as I will. This is the first time I've ever blogged, so I hope not to horrify anyone with my blog virginity while I begin the journey. 

Please feel free to add input, ask questions, share ideas or just say HEY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment