Sunday, March 30, 2014

Baked Apple Chips

Baked Apple Chips 


Ingredients:
3 apples (any kind), I used organic Granny Smith apples).
Cinnamon
Lemon juice



Tools:
Sharp knife
Large baking sheet
Parchment paper (I did not use this, BIG mistake) 



Directions:
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Slice the apples thin (the thinner the better, if they are thick they taste soggy). Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Soak each side of the apple with lemon juice. Line the pan with apple slices. Sprinkle cinnamon over the slices. Bake for 2 hours. 





These are a healthy, easy, delicious snack. 

I know I used aluminum foil...not a good idea. The apples stuck to the foil and were near impossible to peel away. I read a recipe the called for parchment paper, I suggest that's what's used. 

We were still able to enjoy mostly all the apples, but it was work to get them off the foil to eat. 

ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment