Thursday, June 27, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge...Day 23...how have you changed in the past 2 years

This blog selection almost goes hand in hand with day 18 (highs and lows of the past year). 

Learned to not take things in life so seriously. I would usually get so upset and hurt by the smallest of things. 

I am able to talk myself out of anxiety attacks via self talk. I spent countless years in the ER wasting money on false diagnoses, in/out of therapy, med after med and years of my life wasted on worry that wasn't real. This is probably my biggest change. 

Saying NO when needed. I'm a giver by nature and one day I woke up thinking "when do you give to yourself?" Some people have really abused this privilege I have given. It was my time to take some of it back. 

Becoming stronger physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Without which, I may never "grow" as an individual. 

Self reflection!  I've learned so much about myself and who I want to be through analyzing where I am and how I got here. (If that makes sense). 

My bond with my bio mother has gotten stronger even though we are MILES apart. This is big to me because I was adopted at the age 3, never met mom until I was 17 (after many horrific stories) and we have had bumps. I think we both realize how alike we are and how much we need/love one another. 

My mommy skills to my teenager have heightened incredibly, but I'm trying to be better about teaching respect, independence, love, self worth and life lessons. I'm learning to "let go" little by little. 

I've learned not to take my job for granted. I have one! I screwed up a job I loved deeply about 2-3 years ago and I kick myself in the rear end now, but I give my 1,000% to my current job and I have earned respect and trust of my employer, clients and colleagues. 

I guess none if this would be they big of a "change" the some, but if you knew me...well, you'd see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment