Friday, August 9, 2013

Adventurous days of vacation Day 1

Stayed up late the night prior until 2200 making Kale chips for the ride ahead. NH bound for 9 days. 

Woke up at 0330 to pack the car, make a coffee, drag 2 teenage girls out of bed (they actually dragged me out of bed) and stop to fill up on gas. 


Finally started driving to our destination at  0440. The thought of driving 584 miles was utter nonsense at this time. I usually rely heavily on my garmin to take me places but this time my husband map quested my directions and I did it the good old fashioned way. NO GARMIN! 

Lets just say the ride was smooth and faster than I thought it would be. The girls took turns napping and enjoying the scenery. My iPod kept me quite awake with my workout music on and my fav man of course...Eddie Veddar. 

All was well until Hartford Connecticut!!! That is when you went from doing 70-75 down to a complete dead stop. And all for what? One lane construction. Ughhh.  This lasted a good 20 minutes. When you are stopped in traffic on the highway for that long, it feels like eternity. 


All the signs were starting to look more familiar and the 584 miles was getting shorter and shorter. 

Only had to stop 3 times. Once for gas and a pee break, once for lunch and a pee break, and once for just a stretch and a pee break. Now, you would think traveling with 2 teens it would be them wanting a break. NOPE...mom needed a break more. They never asked which was surprising. 



Before we knew it...we were at our destination at 1430. Phewy! Long 9 1/2 hours. Greeted by my mother and 3 yr old nephew. 

Ate a yummy supper and then off to bed we went. A very tiring day from sitting in the car. 


No comments:

Post a Comment