Monday, June 24, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge...Day 18...highs and lows of the past year

Wow...ummmmm. 
The past year has been full of ups and downs. 

Work has been a challenge physically, emotionally and mentally. I work with kids aged 8-22 in a residential treatment facility with psychiatric illness and intellectual disabilities. Challenge to watch/work and a trigger of some past for me.  

I completed my first Tough Mudder. This was a great mental challenge as well as physical. Beyond limits I even knew I had. I have superb teammates...some extraordinary people. 

Dealing with the highs and lows of an adult child with schizophrenia ... That's all I can say about this issue. 

I've learned a lot about what I want in my life and what I don't. Where I'm heading and why I've stalled. So much about me. 

I've started holistic therapy which incorporates art and meditation which is something I have never tried that had allowed me to learn about myself, feeling, stresses, life and how to relax and handle things in a healthy way. 

I've made new friends and gotten rid of toxic ones. 

I'm sure there's been more in the past year but its truly been interesting with new things. Everyone's life is different. I hope to make the next year far more interesting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment