Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Day 2 Sugar Detox

Day 2 Sugar Detox

Feeling pretty GOOD today minus the cravings, BUT that is every day before today anyhow. I will definitely be having leftovers tomorrow. 

Breakfast

OATMEAL
*2/3 cup gluten free rolled oats
*coconut milk (i do not measure...however I would say 1/2 cup?)
*1 small green tipped banana (that is a banana that is still a little green...)
*1/8 cup slivered almonds
*1 TBSP chia seeds
*1/2 tsp cinnamon
*1/8 cup raisins
*splash of water (filtered)

I do not add any sweetener to my oatmeal because I feel like what I put in it is sweet enough (plus I am on a sugar detox), BUT if you need to add some sweetener I would suggest one of the following based on your dietary needs and taste: molasses, raw honey, coconut sugar.

LUNCH

Cheddar Broccoli Soup
SOOOO...I cannot tell a lie...I did not make the soup (I know, I know)...this is from the cafeteria at the hospital that I work at. I did read the ingredients and nutritional content. It has broccoli, onion and cheddar cheese as well as some other things I would not normally ingest BUT not sugary and far better than the other options I could have made. 

SUPPER

*25 spears of asparagus chopped
*3 carrots (most of the carrot) shredded
*2 TBSP EVOO 
*1 tsp pink himalayan salt
*1 tsp black pepper

* alaskan wild caught sockeye salmon (skin on)
divided amongst each 4 oz piece....
*2 tsp pink himalayan salt
*2 tsp black pepper
*2 tsp parsley
*2 tsp basil
*2 tsp rosemary
*2 tsp terragon


FOR THE RICE:
*2 cups basmati white rice (amazing with fish)
*1 TBSP grass fed butter (I use Kerrygold)
*1TBSP cilantro
*1TBSP parsley
*1 TBSP turmeric
*1/4 cup coconut milk

AND OF COURSE ... an Avocado. Because as you get to know me more and see more of what I eat...I eat ALOT of avocados. Honduras would be proud of me!

MY FAMILY EATS TOO

My family gets all the same things I get and things they like they I do not eat. I have a teenager who dislikes ANY kind of fish at the moment (although I can sneak it in here and there unknowingly...) BUT she loves shrimp so, she gets SHRIMP....cooked and tossed with old bay seasoning. Plus, since she is on hiatus from fruits and veggies (a teen diet consists of everything BUT fruits and veggies)....I add them to the plate in hopes I can get her to eat them again soon....tangerines! It does work sometimes.

ENJOY :)









No comments:

Post a Comment