Monday, January 4, 2016

Day 1 Sugar Detox

21 Day Sugar Detox:

sooooo...last month I was diagnosed with SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) and any time I indulge in a sugary ANYTHING ... I feel the pain, bloat and feel like my insides are fighting to get outside. 

SIBO is an ugly little monster. This is more common in a lot of Americans (due to poor diet and GMO foods, pesticides) and they don't even know it sadly. 

For those of you whom don't know, you can get tested at for GI (gastrointestinal) MD. The test is simple, last 3 hours and you should have results within the next 24 hours. 

Some symptoms include, but are not limited to: (you can have one....or none) nausea, bloating (most common), vomiting, diarrhea, malnutrition, weight loss/gain, joint pain, fatigue (also very common), rashes, acne, eczema, depression, rosacea. 

Some of the following medical diagnoses can be causes: Diabetes, diverticulitis, fistula, injury to intestine, structural defect in intestine, intestinal lymphoma, scleroderma, celiac, rosacea, aging, certain medications (MD says the overuse or misuse of antibiotics is common cause). 

OKAY, back to the Sugar Detox

I do know that I love sugary things so this challenge will help me get back on track and hopefully start to feel even better. 

Every day for 21 days I will post my meals for the day. NOTE: I am not a chef nor will I ever be, BUT I do try to be creative. Most of my "fine china" is a paper plate. Some days I will eat what I had "yesterday"because I work 5 days a week and go to college 2 days a week....and I'm a mother, wife, etc....I also do not know how to cook small portions, so I have plenty for the next day.

All of the ingredients, foods and such will be organic unless otherwise noted.


BREAKFAST 

*2 farm fresh eggs hard boiled
* 1 medium avocado (not organic)
* 3/4 cup kale sautéed
*1 cup mushrooms (not organic) sautéed

LUNCH (Baked Stuffed Sweet Potato)

NOTE: I was so hungry, I ate the darn thing and did not get a photo so I took one from the recipe I made it from. 
*1medium sweet potato baked in the oven for 1 hour
*1/2 cup black beans
*1/2 cup spinach sautéed
*2 TBSP feta cheese (not organic)
*1 medium tomato chopped


Supper (this is what New England people call Dinner)

Twice Baked Vegetarian Spaghetti Squash

See my other post for the recipe on this one....YUMMMMY. 

ENJOY:)


No comments:

Post a Comment