Saturday, January 9, 2016

Day 6 Sugar Detox

Day 6 Sugar Detox

Breakfast

Scrambled Eggs and Bacon
*2 scrambled eggs with a dash of salt and black pepper
*2 strips of uncured bacon (I only ate one and gave the other to my hubby)

LUNCH

Confession time....I cleaned my house VERY THOROUGHLY and time got away from me so I did not eat lunch. Probably not the healthiest of ideas, BUT when I get busy I lose all track of time. 


Supper

Homemade Pasta e Fagioli Soup (Healthy Version)
*1 pound organic grass fed beef browned (you can use turkey burger as instead of beef)
*6 oz gluten free brown rice pasta shells (cooked el dante)
*1 cup chopped celery
*1 cup chopped carrot 
*1 small red onion chopped 
*1 small yellow onion chopped
*1 15oz can dark red kidney beans (Eden Organic has BPA free cans, rinse them)
*1 15oz can light red kidney beans (Eden Organic has BPA free cans, rinse them)
*1 15oz can cannellini Beans (Eden Organic has BPA free cans, rinse them)
*1 15oz can diced tomatoes (chop your own for better taste, I use organic canned)
*1 32oz "box" organic low sodium chicken broth (you can use beef)
*1 16oz jar of tomato sauce (I use organic)
*3 garlic cloves minced (home grown)
*2 tsp chopped oregano 
*2 tsp chopped cilantro (fresh is best)
*2 tsp shopped basil (fresh is best)
*2 tsp chopped thyme
*2 tsp parsley (fresh is best)

I cook in my crockpot for 2 hrs on high. I am sure you could serve with some sort of bread, BUT this is a sugar free challenge. Salt and pepper to taste when served.

DESSERT

Grain Free "Branola"

I got the recipe from    http://thepaleoprize.com/?p=2089 

For the 2 cups of nuts I used 1/2 cup Macadamia Nuts, 1 cup walnuts and 1/2 cup pecans (along with the 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds and almonds she calls for in the recipe)

Instead of a food processor (which I do not have), I used a baggy and a pan to "smash" the nuts to chopped size. 

I also added the 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut and 2oz of raisins she states you can add. 

I was not sure how this would taste considering it is sugar free and the fact that my family is used to sugary treats for dessert BUT this stuff wine over like a bang with myself, hubby and daughter. It is 
soooooooo good. Make it, try it, share it....GIFT IT. 


Keeps in the fridge for 3-5 days.



ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment